Qualifications, Accomplishments, References, Credentials
DR. JIM CONROY’S ONGOING RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT with Tree Whispering®, Green Centrics™, Co-Existence Technologies™, and his other proprietary technologies. Read about them at our Sister Website, TheTreeWhisperer.com.
- 10 years of research and development at Genesis Community Supported Garden, Blairstown, New Jersey
- Going into 8th year of EcoSystem Health research study in Vail and Winter Park, Colorado, with Lodgepole Pine Trees and the Pine Bark Beetle
- Entering 3rd year of EcoSystem Health research study in the Hudson Valley of New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, with the Emerald Ash Borer and Ash Trees on multiple properties ranging from 5 to 200 acres. More research sites being added in the coming year.
DR. JIM CONROY’S EDUCATION AND CORPORATE ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Dr. Conroy has a B.S. degree in Horticulture from Delaware Valley College, Doylestown, PA., and a PhD. in Plant Pathology from Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN.
- Dr. Conroy was an executive for over 25 years global Agriculture with accomplishments in new product development, marketing, business development, strategic planning and entrepreneurship.
- As Senior Marketing Strategist, Jim sought growth opportunities for American Cyanamid through international and domestic acquisitions.
- As Senior Marketing Manager, he launched the company’s flagship product two years early, with $100M in sales and 7% market share at launch. Sales of the product line grew to over $250M in 3 years.
- He served as Chairman of the Conservation Technology Information Center and worked with various Ag-related groups: i.e. the United Soybean Board.
- Dr. Conroy also served in various consulting positions: Interim President of a start-up biology company and Interim Director of Sales and Marketing for an Ag Irrigation company.
- He initiated an Agricultural e-marketplace dotcom taking the business from business plan to capital funding.
- Dr. Conroy has secured financial backing and developed strategies to purchase several Ag-related companies ranging from $50M to $3B in sales.
DR. JIM CONROY’S PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
8 years of professional services as The Tree Whisperer® with happy clients and healthy trees in Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Colorado, and elsewhere. Just to name a few….
- Guyan Golf and Country Club, Huntington, WV
Pine Valley Golf Club, Pine Valley, NJ
Rachel McPherson, Founder of The Good Dog Foundation, New York, NY
- Sabine Schoenberg, owner of SabinesHome.com, Greenwich, CT
- Mike Nadeau, Organic Landscape Professional, PlantscapesOrganics.com, Fairfield, CT
- Sheila LaBreque, Founder of the LaBrecque Foundation and “NYC Run As One” event, Fair Haven, NJ
- Omega Institute, Rhinebeck, NY, eOmega.org
- Pat Kenschaft, retired Mathematics Professor, Montclair State University, and member of Quaker Meeting House, Montclair, NJ
- Susanna Opper, Marketing Communications Specialist, Shawenon.com, Alford, MA
- CSG at Genesis Farm, Blairstown, NJ, csgatgenesisfarm.com
- Miriam MacGillis, Genesis Farm, Blairstown, NJ, GenesisFarm.org
CONROY AND ALEXANDER’S WORKSHOPS AND CLASSES
- 8 years of successful WORKSHOPS AND CLASSES offered at Omega Institute, Rhinebeck, NY. A 3-day workshop in June, every year since 2006. Scheduled for 2014 again.
- The Nature Lyceum–School for Organic Land Care, Long Island, NY. Ongoing class presentations since April, 2005 ’til November 2012
- OPEN CENTER in New York City, NY, October 22, 2011. “Urban Nature De-Stress Solution”
- Northeast Organic Farmer’s Assn.(NOFA), Summer Conference, “Tree Whispering” offered August of every year from 2007 ’til 2012.
- “Tree Whispering: Holistic Chores and Healing Whispers” Workshop given April 2012 and April 2011 at Genesis Farm Earth Literacy Center
- “The Healing Whispers and Holistic Chores” at Essex County Environmental Center, Roseland, New Jersey
- “Cooperative BioBalance” at Ellwanger Estate Park, Rochester, New York
- “The Healing Whispers and Holistic Chores” at Gossamer Wood Retreat Center, Canandaigua, New York
- “Tree Whispering: Holistic Chores and Healing Whispers” Workshop given July 2011 at Hilltop Hanover Farm and Education Center
CONROY AND ALEXANDER’S Hundreds of TALKS, PRESENTATIONS, and KEYNOTES given to tree lovers, gardeners, farmers, environmentalists, garden centers, visionaries, and professionals.
Just to name a few:
“Live and Let Live” Keynote for the Bear Education And Resource Group (BEAR) at their second annual convention. October 18, 2013.
- “Invasives in Your Backyard Ecosystem” offered daily at the 2013 Connecticut Flower and Garden Show
Organic Land Care Annual Gathering, December 6, 2011, UCONN Student Union Theatre, Storrs, CT, “Tree Whispering® and Cooperative BioBalance®–Paradigm Shifting to Restore Balance in Nature”
- “Cooperative BioBalance Works for Bears, Too” The Animal Protection League of New Jersey, May, 24, 2012, Van Vleck House and Gardens
WCISA, Western Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture, invited Dr. Conroy and Ms. Basia Alexander to speak at the pre-conference program, April 28, 2010, Tuscon, AZ. “Secrets of the Tree Whisperer”
- “A Quiet Walk in the Woods with The Tree Whisperer” at Laurelwood Gardens, June 6, 2012
- “Cooperative BioBalance and Tree Whispering” The Eyes of Learning Metaphysical Center, June 15, 2012
- Introduction given to the town of Watchung, NJ Environmental Commission, March 26, 2012.
- “Cooperative BioBalance” held at a private home in Old Greenwich, Connecticut, July 24, 2012
- NJ PLANTS, New Jersey’s trade show for the Green Industry. “Cooperative BioBalance®–Paradigm Shifting to Restore Balance in Nature” January 25, 2012
- “Tree Whispering” Presentation to the Staff at Omega Institute, Rhinebeck, New York
- Gilbertie’s Garden Center and Herb Farm, Westport, CT, “Tree Whispering” presentation given March, 2012, October and April of 2010
- “Tree Whispering” offered at both the Connecticut and New Jersey Flower and Garden Shows, February 2011, 2009, and 2008.
- “Tree and Plant Whispering” Association for Higher Awareness, Morristown, New Jersey, October 5, 2010
- “Tree and Plant Whispering” Solar Fest, Middletown Springs, Vermont, July 16, 2010
- Glenwild Garden Center & Nursery, Bloomingdale, NJ, Presentation, March 5, 2012
- “Secrets of the Tree Whisperer” introduction given to the Riverview Garden Club of Wayne, NJ on March 3, 2010.
- Monmouth County, NJ Master Gardeners Quarterly Meeting, March, 2009
- Connecticut Tree Protective Assn., Summer Conference, Featured Speaker, “Bio-Energetic Tree Health” July, 2008
- Loantaka Sierra Club, Monthly Meeting, “Secrets of the Tree Whisperer” January, 2009
- Ecological Landscaping Assn., Featured Speaker, “Bio-Energetic Tree & Plant Health and Climate Change” March 7, 2008
- Horticultural Therapists’ Conference, Keynote Speaker, “HOPE: Healing of People/Plants Everywhere” August 2007, CT
- Rutgers University Home Gardener’s School, Workshop Presentation, “Tree Centrics from the Plant’s Point of View,” March 24, 2007, New Brunswick, NJ
- Schiff Nature Preserve, “Secrets of the Tree Whisperer” Mendham, NJ, March, 2008
- New York City Parks Dept., Presentation “Bio-Energetic Tree Health in Times of Climate Change”, New York City, July 2008
- New England Grows! Trade Show and Conference, Learning Park Presentation, “Tree Centrics”, February 6th & 8th, 2007, Boston, MA
- San Geronimo Valley, CA, Special Library sponsorship, “Tree Whispering–Save Your California Coastal Live Oaks”, December 2007
- ECO-FARM Conference, Workshop Presenter, “PHA Plant Centrics: Coming from the Plant’s Point of View” January 26, 2006, Alisomar, CA
- University of Connecticut, Guest Lecturer, “Tree Centrics” Urban Forestry class, October 13, 2006, Professor Julia Kuzovkina, Storrs, CT
- Professional Landscape Alliance of New Jersey, Keynote Speaker: August 1, 2006, Central NJ
- Ecological Landscaping Assn., Intro & Demo, Winter Conf., Boston, MA. March 2, 2006
- Arborists, Park & Rec. Mgrs., Botanical Garden Manager, Town of Santa Barbara, CA, October, 2005, Introduction and Demonstration
- Glenwild Garden Center & Nursery, Presentation, “Tree Centrics: Coming from the Plant’s Point of View” September 27, 2006, Bloomingdale, NJ
- Board of Trustees–Grover Cleveland Park Conservancy, Caldwell, NJ, Fall 2004 and Spring 2005: reports after treating damaged park trees.
- CT Northeast Organic Farmers Assn. (CTNOFA) Winter Conference 2006, Speaker, “Tree Centrics”
- The Foodshed Alliance, Speaker, “Tree Centrics–Coming from the Plant’s Point of View” Forum-Spring 2006, Sussex Co., NJ
TREE WHISPERING AND COOPERATIVE BIOBALANCE’s POPULAR REACH
- Website: www.CooperativeBioBalance.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Cooperative-BioBalance-Tree-Whispering/275684945860235
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/treewhispering
- Twitter: twitter.com/TreeWhispering
PLANT HEALTH ALTERNATIVES, LLC
Dr. Conroy and Ms. Basia Alexander co-founded Plant Health Alternatives, LLC, in 2002 with a global mission to
- foster respect for trees and plants as life forms,
- accomplish changes in tree and plant care practices by coming from the plant’s point of view,
- discover insights and take actions that lead to major cultural and environmental impacts for tree and plant health.
Dr. Conroy created and developed revolutionary alternative health care system for plants: the Green Centrics™ system and CoExistence Technologies™, Dr. Conroy combined modern plant science with advances in the “new sciences” (like Quantum Physics and Living Systems Theories) and with the philosophy and practices from systems of ancient wisdom to yield a totally new, cutting edge approach to plant health that helps stressed trees and plants grow healthy and vigorous.
Dr. Conroy became a Certified Organic Land Care Professional, certified by NOFA Connecticut in 2004.
Dr. Conroy provides an on-site service that saves trees that others have given up on. The service re-establishes dynamic balance among the thousands of interacting and inter-dependent functions inside trees and other plants working from the “inside-out.” Then, conventional approaches can keep the tree or plants healthy.
His classes, “Tree Whispering® and Cooperative BioBalance” have been popular at Omega Institute. Dr. Conroy gives people a new kind of personal experience with trees. His delivery style is informative, inspirational, thought-provoking, warm and fast-paced.
CONROY AND ALEXANDER’S SUCCESSFUL BOOKS PUBLISHED BY PLANT KINGDOM COMMUNICATIONS
- Tree Whispering: A Nature Lover’s Guide
- Tree Whispering: Trust the Path Notebook and Journal
- People Saving Their Trees in Hurricane Sandy
- The Tree Whisperer’s 10 Tree and Plant Insights
- Messages From Trees: A Coloring Book for the Young and Young-At-Heart
- Live and Let Live: Collaboration Heals Ecosystems
- Live and Let Live: Enlightened Stewardship